Sourcing is the proactive searching for qualified job candidates for current or planned open positions; it is not the reactive function of reviewing resumes and applications sent to the company in response to a job posting or pre-screening candidates. The goal of sourcing is to collect relevant data about qualified candidates, such as names, titles, and job responsibilities. Both passive and active job seekers can be located by sourcing job boards, social media sites, corporate alumni associations and through all types of networking.(SHRM) https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/tools-and-samples/hr-qa/pages/whatissourcing.aspx
In today’s candidate driven marketplace, being able to identify and sift through as many individuals as possible, particularly passive job seekers, is key to filling open positions. With a shortage of available talent and seemingly multiple opportunities for every qualified candidate, positions have remained open for months leaving hiring managers and HR teams scratching their heads with how to overcome these challenges. Techniques that built entire teams in the mid 2010’s are now redundant as more and more candidates are staying in ‘stealth mode’ in addition to existing internal and job board databases facing data decay.
What happens when job boards and LinkedIn are no longer delivering results?
This is where Deep Dive Sourcing comes into play. Leveraging techniques like creating custom search engines and scraping social media for hidden profiles, Expert Sourcers can spend as much as 40 hours on just 1 position in order to deliver 100-200 potential candidates, and this is not including reach out campaigns to discuss the opening or gather industry referrals. HR Teams, and certainly not Hiring Managers, simply do not have the time to treat each opening like a unique project, let alone the technical ability to identify this volume of candidates.
AllSearch Recruiting is proud to be on the cutting edge of Deep Dive Sourcing and we employ one of the industry’s premier experts, Mike Santoro. Traditionally associated with IT and Tech recruiting, Mike has shared his numerous techniques with the AllSearch Recruiting Team and the results have been nothing short of spectacular. By combining these methods with the over 250 years of combined experience, AllSearch Recruiting is able to identify, attract and engage candidates at a level beyond the competition.
Some examples of Mike Santoro’s recent appearances include,
- Appeared on Shally Steckerl’s Shally’s Alley 06/17 – https://www.linkedin.com/posts/shally_mike-santoro-live-on-shallys-alley-see-activity-6943623378863865856-0dJV?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web
- Published Guest Post Part1 – Irina Shamaeva’s Booleanstrings.com – https://booleanstrings.com/2022/05/18/sink-into-linkedin-headlines-tie-inanchor-to-your-strings/
- Published Guest Post Part 2 – Irina Shamaeva’s Booleanstrings.com – https://booleanstrings.com/2022/06/03/raise-inanchor-sail-to-linkedin-locations-titles-and-schools/
- Presented for RecruitingDaily’s 12 Days of Sourcing Event in 2021 – https://12days.recruitingdaily.com/2021/12/17/a-new-way-to-x-ray-facebook-for-more-results/
- Published Article for RecruitingDaily.com – https://recruitingdaily.com/how-to-ask-for-more-referrals-without-asking/
- Active contributor in all major Facebook Talent Sourcing Groups. I’ve shared 6 major “peer reviewed” discoveries thus far in these groups that have contributed to the guild of talent sourcing.
- Industry Leader Glenn Gutmacher recently wrote this recommendation on Linkedin:
- “Mike displays an elite level of talent sourcing insight: he is not only able to discern interesting patterns that many other recruiters miss, but able to make the mental leap to coherently explain (with detailed examples) how that can be applied to take their work to the next level. His recent posts elsewhere about Google custom search engines, advanced commands and Boolean operators, Facebook search, Instagram search and other related topics are tangibly helping accelerate the sourcing profession.
Future Projects Mike will be included in,
- Speaking At #SOSUHACK in July 2022 – Session Title: “Top Gun Facebook Sourcing – Become a Facebook Sourcing Maverick” https://sourcingsummit.net/sosuhack/
- ATAP’s Global TA Day on Wednesday, September 7th. (ATAP = Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals” https://atapglobal.org/
Founded in 2002, AllSearch is a privately held direct hire recruiting firm. AllSearch recruits and places skilled professionals on a direct hire basis in the fields of Manufacturing, Building Products & Construction, HVAC Sales & Mechanical Services and Industrial Sales & Management. AllSearch has a national reach, recruiting and placing skilled professionals in nearly every state and major market in the US, as well as internationally including Canada.
Contact: Jason E. Connors, Principal
Phone: 888-427-2977 x106